Monday, September 8, 2008

Things Have Been Deadly Slow

It was a pretty dull second half of August which has turned into a pretty dull September. The only reason I'm writing this at all, is that after a month and a half, someone actually got a point - Anita Page, silent screen star not to be confused with Sanford and Son foil LaWanda Page. Anita was 98. George Galluci I, about half her age, picked up a point.

Also departing us lately were Smokey and the Bandit co star Jerry Reed, Movie Trailer Voice God, Don LaFontaine and my third favorite Polish American athlete, Walter, Killer, Kowalski. If anyone cares, Boston Red Sox slugger Carl Yastrzemski is my second favorite and my Mother, Pat Wood is first. In case you missed it, she won the Hopedale Country Club Woman's Golf championship in 1999. It was in all the papers...